Removing crystalbond from GaAs?

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 8 14:59:09 PST 2006

Here's a message, relayed from a labmember:
/
Hello, I am currently using crystalbond 590 (brown wax) for temporary
mounting of my GaAs chips to Si handle wafers for Au-bumping and dicing.
I have chosen this wax as the Au-bumping step requires process
temperatures of ~150 C. Currently, I am having a very hard time removing
the samples from the handle wafer. I have gotten some chips off of the
Si, however I still cannot completely remove the wax (which is
necessary). The wax is contacting a surface with GaAs, SiNx, and Au
exposed. The opposite side has PMGI for planarization which I would not
like to strip. /
/   /

/ If you could recommend a process to successfully remove this material
I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! /

/   /

/             Garrett /

/ Garrett Cole, Ph.D.
Research Scientist