Isotropic Silicon Wet etch

Yahong Yao yy7343 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:21:23 PST 2006

Hi Rohan,

I would think Drytek2 is the most convenient way to accomplish your goal.
1.6um photoresist can serve as the mask.  You can find the recipe and etch
rate at: http://snf.stanford.edu/Equipment/drytek/drytek2ER.pdf

If for some reason, you need to use wet etch, then TMAH (tetramethylammonium
Hydroxide) would be a good candidate.  Oxide is a very good mask in TMAH
(1000A is way enoug for your purpose, but thicker oxide has less pinholes).
20% TMAH in water gives about 4000A/min at about 80C.  But the native oxide
on open areas will influence the result.  Be sure to do a short HF dip
(50:1) before you put wafers in TMAH.  If you use clean labwares for
etching, then your wafers are still clean afterwards.

Hope it helps.
Yahong