Brewer Science Presentation: 6/1/06

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu May 25 15:42:20 PDT 2006

Greetings labmembers --

Brewer Science will be presenting information about their MEMS product
line of processing chemicals.  This will take place next Thursday, June
1, at 10 am in CIS 101.  Please see the description below.  For more
information, contact Shane Jones at sjones at brewerscience.com

*

*Brewer Science*

Brewer Science is a leading material and equipment supplier for the
semiconductor, MEMS, compound semiconductor, and optoelectronic
industries.  In particular focus for the MEMS industry, Brewer Science
has introduced a number of novel chemistry solutions including
ProTEK^(TM), ProLIFT^(TM), and WaferBOND^(TM).

ProTEK^(TM) is a spin applied material set designed to withstand KOH or
HF etchants during the bulk micromaching process.

ProLIFT^(TM) is a sacrificial material specifically designed to enable
lift-off processes.  The product remains soluble after exposure to high
temperature making it an ideal material for metal lift-off processes.

WaferBOND^(TM) is a new material developed to enable temporary wafer
bonding processes.  The material is design to cover topography,
withstand common solvents used in MEMS processes, and facilitate rapid
separation.

In addition to these materials, Brewer Science has a diverse product
base.  The company plans to develop new materials to enable MEMS
processes and is interested in learning the challenges in the MEMS
community where novel materials are needed.

We plan to provide a brief overview of the company and a technical
presentation of our products.  We would then discuss the broad needs of
new materials within the MEMS community.

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu