Wafer Diameter Reduction Service?

Parker, Sherwood sher at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 20 17:55:19 PDT 2006

I can give you many references for laser drilling of HOLES in silicon wafers.  Two are Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 513, p 345 (brief comment) and 504, p 149.  Many of the same considerations probably will apply to trenches, including the preliminary coating of the wafer with photoresist to protect it from molten etch products falling back.  If you are trying to make smaller wafers out of larger ones, you would still have the possible task of edge shaping.

Sherwood Parker