First Aid/CPR/AED - Learn how to save a life!

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 3 19:14:59 PDT 2007

Greetings labmembers:

On Tuesday, August 28, we’ve arranged for a First Aid/CPR/AED class to be offered here, on-site. This 8-hour course will cover basic first aid and simple emergency procedures that you could use to save
someone’s life. This course will also cover Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use of the Automated External Defibrillator
(AED) – which are awfully handy skills to know, when someone’s heart stops.

If you had First Aid ages ago, it’s well worth doing again because the recommended best-know-practices (and survival rates)
have changed a LOT. Also, we have two AED systems in this building, so it’s handy to know how to use one (or have someone on-hand who does!)
One statistic quoted by EMT professionals is that use of CPR alone may have a survival rate of 2% of less, whereas the combination of CPR and
AED has a survival rate of 80% or greater.

The class will be held on August 28, from 8 am - 4 pm.  Completion of this course gives you a certification that is valid for two years. Anyone may register for this course. The cost for the class is $65. If you are a Stanford person, your department
may cover the cost of this class (and STAP funds certainly will). Class fees may also be transferred to your Coral account, upon request.

If you are interested in registering for the class, please get in touch with me.

Thanks for your attention!

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu