Thermal evaporator available?

David Goldhaber-Gordon goldhaber-gordon at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 1 09:37:40 PST 2007

Hi all,

I would like to deposit gold with 1% antimony for ohmic contacts to an
n-Si/SiGe heterostructure. I have this material in the form of a thin
wire. Does anyone have a thermal evaporator in which I could do two or
three evaporations of this material over the coming month (or other
suggestions)?

Note that antimony has extremely low vapor pressure, so it is unlikely
to contaminate other materials used in the evaporator, provided
different boats are used of course.

Thanks in advance,
David

David Goldhaber-Gordon                            goldhaber-gordon at stanford.edu
Assistant Professor of Physics                  davidg at post.harvard.edu
and Deputy Director,                                 (permanent forwarding)
Center for Probing the Nanoscale
www.goldhaber-gordon.com
Stanford University
www.stanford.edu/group/cpn/
(650) 725-2047 (lab) (650) 724-3709 (office)

Address for letters or packages:                      Administrative Associate:
David Goldhaber-Gordon                                 Roberta Edwards
Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials       McCullough, Rm. 338
McCullough Building, Room 346                      Phone: (650) 723-8028
476 Lomita Mall                                             Fax: (650) 724-3681
Stanford, CA 94305-4045                                email:
redward at stanford.edu