LCD displays

Paul Rissman rissman at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 8 11:08:32 PDT 2007

Labmembers

You may notice that there are new LCD displays on the Sunray
terminals.  These LCD displays will save energy and give us more work
space in the lab.  We were able to purchase these displays using a
refund from the University due to electrical power use reduction.  In
part, this was due to our decision to reduce the VLF fan speed off
hours and on weekends, as well as a number of other
improvements.  For example, all of the office areas have had motion
sensor light switches installed.

By the way, as I went about the lab installing the new displays, a
few of people mentioned broken mice, keyboards, etc.  If you see
problems, please report them to coral at snf.stanford.edu giving us the
exact location, so we can make repairs.

Paul Rissman