How to etch silicon on pieces

S. Ekin Kocabas kocabas at stanford.edu
Sun Jun 10 16:30:18 PDT 2007

Dear Labmembers,

I would like to be able to etch silicon on SOI pieces. While I'm waiting
for the SOI wafers to arrive, I'm testing the process flow with full
silicon wafers. I have used P5000 to etch silicon on full wafers, and
the results look alright. Which tools do you use to do silicon etching
on pieces with PMMA on them? What kind of problems do/did you face?

I'd appreciate any information you can provide. If you could reply to my
email ( kocabas at stanford.edu ), I'll compile the answers in a nice form
and send it to the labmembers list.

Thank you,

Ekin

PS: I sent a very similar email to the Raith list earlier today. It was
recommended that I send the email to the general labmembers email list.
I'm sorry for the duplicate emails that raith at snf members received.