Who has QC process automation expertise - pls. advise

Sebastian J. Osterfeld sjo at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 2 12:24:43 PST 2007

Dear Labmembers,

Many of the devices we make at the SNF need thorough quality control and
testing, so as to properly qualify them for actual use. This is very
tedious work, as many of you probably know from your own work.

I am looking to automate the quality control process for our chips, and
I would like to know if there are good examples of custom-built,
automated quality control stations at Stanford. I am planning on having
a setup with several pumps and fluidic valves, and a high number of I/O
data channels that are automatically interrogated as our chip iterates
through many possible configurations and operating conditions.

So if you happen to know a research group or maybe a contractor who has
gone through the process of designing and building a customized
automated QC setup, then please let me know. I would very much like to
have a look and talk to someone with experience in that area.

Many thanks!
- -

Sebastian J. Osterfeld
Ph.D. Candidate
Shan X. Wang Group, MagArray Project
Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering
Stanford University