Al annealing

Beinn Muir beinnmuir at
Thu Mar 8 12:05:02 PST 2007

Dear Labmembers,

I am interested in increasing the grain size and reducing the roughness of
thermally evaporated films of Al (200-1000nm thick) deposited on Si with
native oxide. Do any of you have experience with annealing Al films, or can
reccommend any useful literature discussing the conditions and resulting
morphology changes? Another possible route I could take would be to etch /
polish the Al film to reduce roughness, but I have had limited success with

I would be grateful for any information.

Best regards,