Al annealing

David W. Parent dparent at email.sjsu.edu
Thu Mar 8 13:01:58 PST 2007

Dear Beinn,

I have had a hard time fining data on this issue.  I have found
though brute force experimentation that the longer the pull time on
any Al film on SIO2, the greater the surface roughness, and the
higher the resistivity!  To reduce surface roughness and decrease RS
I pull the wafers out of our furnace (AT SJSU not SNF) as quickly as possible.
(I mean I yank them out.)
-DAve