Clarification and problem starting MDraw...

Vignesh Gowrishankar vigneshg at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 22 13:16:38 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I had sent an email earlier, this is just to clarify that message...

I am using VNC as an X-terminal. It does not seem as if not being
able to display MDraw is the problem. MDraw does not start even when
I use VNC.

I have included the following line to my .cshrc - "source
/afs/ir/class/ee/synopsys/tcad/tcad.cshrc". I am trying (learning to
anyway) run Sentaurus, which needed that line in the .cshrc. Those
programs are running, but Mdraw is not. When I type mdraw at the
command prompt, this is the error message I get: "mdraw execution
failed for
/afs/ir/class/ee/synopsys/tcad/Y_2006.06/tcad/current/amd64/bin/mdraw".

I am not sure if my licence is not set up properly... actually I have
no idea what the problem is. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Vignesh.