bonding pdms with gold or platinum

Mehdi Javanmard mehdij at stanford.edu
Wed May 30 11:28:46 PDT 2007

Hello everybody,
I was wondering if any of you have any experience in bonding pdms with
gold or platinum.  I've fabricated some fluidic channels with gold
electrodes at the bottom, and when I inject fluid into the channels, I
get leakage in the area where pdms and gold should have been bonded
together.  i was wondering if any of you have any suggestion as to how
to get around this problem.  Are there other metals like platinum that
would bond better, or can gold be modified to solve this problem.
thanks,
Mehdi