Vacuum wand issues

Ted Berg tberg at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 2 07:31:04 PDT 2007

Hello all,
      As  some of you might be aware we have recently had numerous
issues with the vacuum wands on the furnaces   I have contacted the
vendor of our vacuum wands and it looks like the bonder they use to
attach the quartz to the metal is breaking down(melting ) as the wands
are used. They are not sure if it is a shelf life issue or just a bad
batch of the adhesive. They will repair our bad wands and have suggested
an alternative. Even though the quartz is rated to 1400 degrees C the
adhesive obviously is not.. Thank you for your patience. ted