Chlorine Update

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 2 14:42:36 PDT 2007

Hi everyone --

As you probably know, chlorine gas has been shut off to key etchers
since the incident involving a contractor last month.  Elmer and Cesar
have arranged for repairs which are being done right now.  Once
complete, there will be extensive cycle purging, static pressure and
helium leak testing to ensure line integrity as well as quality of the
delivered gas.  We anticipate these should be complete this coming
Monday, when the line is to be certified by a third-party service.
Then, etchers will be brought back on-line one at a time in the
following order:  p5000etch, pquest, then lampoly.  We trust we should
be back on-line with all etchers by the end of next week.  We will keep
everyone posted of any changes to this plan.

Our deepest apologies for this inconvenience -- we thank you for your
patience as we work to ensure this gas supply is as safe as we know how.

Your SNF staff

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu