Vacuum wand update

Ted Berg tberg at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 12 06:20:59 PDT 2007

Hello All,
    As some of you may be aware we have recently had some issues with
our vacuum wands. The issue is that the cement that hold the quartz to
the metal tube seems to have disappeared making the quartz loose to
rotate.  I have contacted both the manufacturer of the wands and the
cement manufacturer and they are looking into the issue. The president
of H-square came out himself, as well as the production manager
yesterday to look at our setup and to get ideas. Thats customer service.
 They gave us replacement wands to replace those that had issues and are
continuing to investigate. He also left a cordless battery operated wand
for evaluation that will be floating around the lab for feedback.
Please let me know if you have any other vacuum wand issues and i will
relay them to the manufacturer. ted