In-Ga eutectic to Si wafer

Na Young Kim nayoung at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 23 10:56:06 PDT 2007

Dear labmembers:

I am wondering if anyone has experience to use In-Ga eutectic to make
ohmic contacts to Si wafer.  Due to the liquid phase at room
temperature, it is tricky to make connection to Cu wire leading to the
outside electronics.

I managed to make ohmic contacts using In-Ga eutectic and Silver paint
to glue Cu wires to the eutectic after etching Si wafer in 3-10 % HF
solution at room temperature, but the ohmic contacts were not
preserved at low temperatures below 200 K. If you know any trick to
glue the wires to In-Ga eutectic in Si-wafer and you don't mind
sharing it with me, i really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Na Young