Today's Lab/Building Evacuation

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 8 14:06:05 PDT 2008

Dear Labmembers and Building Occupants --

Around 10:30 today, the fire alarm/building evacuation alarms went off.
The problem was found to be caused by a break in a water pipe located
above three toxic gas sensor modules in a CISX lab.  The sensors were
shorted or damaged, thereby activating the automatic toxic gas alarm
system.  This appears to be related to the flooding incident yesterday.
We apologize for the disruption, but please be assured that the toxic
gas monitoring system is working as it should.

Just as a reminder, when the evacuation fire alarm sounds, you should
leave the building through the nearest exit and meet at the Evacuation
Assembly point.  If you leave the premises, make sure to let someone
know.  And you must not re-enter the building until cleared to do so by
Response Personnel.  And although today's incident proved not to be a
safety issue, we want to remind everyone of the serious hazards in this
building and to treat every alarm as if it were the real thing.

Again, many apologies for the disruption -- and thanks for your cooperation.

Your SNF staff

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu