LED wafers and processing

Kevin Huang kevhuang at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 12 15:10:06 PDT 2008

Hi,
        I am trying to make a simple LED structure on silicon wafers.  Could
anyone please tell me if there are groups or vendors that can make a few
wafers with LED materials (such as III-Vs) on top?  Emission in the visible
will be desirable.

       Also, post processing is needed for the wafers and the tools I need
are DRIE for silicon, pin-hole free LPCVD/PECVD oxide (to coat and protect
my structures for XeF2 etch in a later step), oxide etcher, metal
sputtering, and metal etcher.  I assume that all LED materials will be
considered gold contaminated.  I was told that Santa Barbara has
contaminated DRIE.  I tried searching the NNIN sites but they don't have the
cleanliness category listed on the website.  Could anyone please also let me
know if there are any places or vendors that can provide these
services/tools?

Thanks.

Kevin

--