LED wafers and processing

James Harris harris at snow.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 14 10:04:43 PDT 2008

Kevin,
You are asking for what people are currently doing research on, so
there are absolutely no vendors who can supply what you are looking
for.  You will have to do a great deal of the work yourself,
including process development and work with one of the groups putting
III-V materials onto Si, which isn't so hard, but trying to do mixed
processing is literally impossible except by research groups working
on mixed III-V/Si as NO ONE wants to risk contamination of any decent
Si processing equipment.  I would suggest that the two best chances
are at the NNUN facilities at UCSB and Cornell as they have far more
III-V work and relatively little Si, so tend to already be
"contaminated".  I would first look at Cornell as they not only have
a lot of III-V work, but also considerable Si based MEMS activity.
Good luck,
Jim Harris

--

  James S. Harris, '64
  James & Ellenor Chesebrough Professor     E-Mail:Harris at snow.stanford.edu
  Department of Electrical Engineering	   http://www-ee.stanford.edu/~harris/
  420 Via Palou Mall, CIS-X Rm 328		   Ph:  (650)723-9775
  Stanford, CA 94305-4075   		   Fax:
(650)723-4659
  Adm. Asst.: Gail Chun-Creech              Ph:  (650)723-0983

  __   ___
    |  |
    |__|
     __ arris  Group, Solid State & Photonics Lab
  __|  |__ http://www-snow.stanford.edu/