Micromanipulator 6000 probe station ...
shott at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 22 14:16:03 PDT 2008
SNF Lab Members:
I've fixed a few items on the Micromanipulator 6000 probe station (the
one in CIS 152):
1. I've put on an new Z-stage drive belt so that the fine-adjustment of
the stage height works once again.
2. I've fixed the long-dead fourth motorized stage motion so that it
will now allow the electric motors to drive left/right and back/front
(both at low- and high-speed).
3. I've fixed and adjusted the lever detent that holds the stage and
probes well above the sample. Somebody had been tinkering with some of
the set screws on that assembly and had very nearly caused it major
problems by misadjusting the tension on the ball bearings in that assembly.
Finally, if you are using the probe station and find that the probe tips
are in poor condition, I've got a stockpile of spare probe tips and
would be happy to replace any that are badly mangled.
Hopefully these adjustments and repairs will make the probe station more
functional for everyone.
More information about the labmembers