photo resist pretreatment before ion implantation

Caner Onal caner at
Wed Apr 23 22:45:43 PDT 2008

Hi SangBum,

Just wanted to clarify one point here:

The second 30min 110 C bake is not needed if you send your wafers for
implant right away. It is intended for wafers that sit around for a
long while (this is the case for ee410, sometimes the wafers wait in
the lab for 2-3 days before the implant step). The reason is that if
you leave your wafers waiting around for a long time the resist layer
tends to absorb moisture from the ambient and this reverses the effect
of baking.

Hope this saves you some time,