quesiton about thin Au film liftoff on Si substrate

Yuan Zhang zhangy at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 25 13:52:52 PDT 2008

Hello labmembers,

I've got into troubles lifting off very thin Au film recently. I used PMMA
as photoresist, and patterned my sample (Si substrate) with ebeam. A very
thin Au layer (5 angstroms) was deposited by Innotec. After liftoff, I found
many Au nanoparticles or even clusters redeposited onto the unpatterned
substrate. I thick it may be partially caused by the electronegativity
between Au and Si. I wonder if there is anyway to prevent this behavior. Any
comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your
attention.

Thanks,

Yuan