Learn to save someone's life: Take a CPR/AED class!

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 1 14:24:15 PDT 2008

Greetings labmembers:

On Thursday, August 21, we’ve arranged for a First Aid/CPR/AED class to be offered here.
This 8-hour course will cover basic first aid and emergency procedures
that you could use to save someone’s life. This course will also cover Cardio-Pulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and use of the Automated External Defibrillator
(AED) – which are awfully handy skills to know, when someone’s heart stops.

If you had First Aid a long time ago, it’s well worth doing again because the recommended
practices have changed a LOT. Also, we are fortunate to have TWO AED systems in CIS/CISX,
so it’s handy to know how to use them. One statistic is that use of CPR alone results in
a survival rate of a few percent.  Using an AED within 3 minutes of heart failure has a
survival rate of 75% or greater.

The class will be held on August 21, from 8 am - 4 pm.  Completion of this course gives
you a certification that is valid for two years. The class is open to building occupants
and active labmembers.

If you are interested in registering, please get in touch with me.

Thanks for your attention!

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu