etching oxide

Mike Tan ytanster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 22:52:17 PDT 2008

Dear Lab members,

Does anyone have any experience in using amtetcher to pattern substrate with
200um- 300um micron holes?  1)  Using the amtetcher, would the plasma go
into the holes and then etch the oxide inside the holes (laterally)?  My
oxide thickness is about 600nm which takes about 15minutes to etch.  The
holes that I have are 300um deep with 30um and 100um diameters.  I am trying
to create a tapered surface with several high aspect ratio (1:30) holes.

2)  Does anyone have any wet-etch simulation software that I can try out for
free?

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Mike Tan