etching Al2O3

shide cheng shide_cheng at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:29:24 PDT 2008

Hi, Byungha,

My experience is developer will erode the Al, and Al2O3 during development stage. You may need anther layer to protect them during photo process.

Shide

From: shinbh93 at stanford.eduTo: labmembers at snf.stanford.eduSubject: etching Al2O3Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:40:19 -0700

Dear Labmembers,

One of my collaborators try to etch off Al2O3 at the corners of samples (consisting of Al2O3 / InGaAs / InP substrate) for Hall measurements. He found that photo-resist used to define the corners on Al2O3 surface was peeled off during etching by BHF. Has anyone sucessfully done photolithography on Al2O3? If so, what kind of adhesion promotor was used? Also, does anyone know the etch rate of Al2O3 by BHF?

Thanks,
Byungha