Toxic Gas Alarm 8/19/08

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 19 03:17:44 PDT 2008

Lab Members,

This mornings Toxic Gas alarm was from a Chlorine signal coming from
the exhaust line of the P5000.  While there was, and is a signal from
this sensor I could not find any indication on the other chlorine
sensors in the fab or on our portable system.

It is safe to re-enter the fab, I have left the Chlorine and HBr gas
boxes which provide these gases to the etch tools turned off.

The Chlorine for epi and epi2 should still be available.

When the full staff returns in the morning, we will do another
evaluation of the sensor and try and get the etch gases turned back on.

Regards,
Ed