Temperature/humidity control update ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 19 08:11:01 PDT 2008

SNF Lab Members:

As of about 7 a.m. this morning, steam has been restored to the lab.  As
a result, we now have the ability to control temperature and humidity in
the cleanroom and temperature and humidity are close to their normal range.

However, because the lab and tools in it were quite cold overnight
(16C/61F), anything with significant thermal mass will not be back to
operating temperatures for some time.  In particular, I expect that this
will include the ASML and ebeam tools.  Additionally, any room
temperature baths such as 50:1 HF and BOE baths will likely take a
couple of hours to get back to their normal daytime temperatures.

Please check each tool carefully before use and be extra vigilant in
looking for anamolous behavior.

We apologize for this extended outage but are doing our best to recover
as quickly as possible.