SNF Process Grand Rounds: Special Edition, Friday, 2/22

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 19 21:40:30 PST 2008

Hi everyone --

Minutes from the last Process Grand Rounds have been posted (linked from
the SNF home page.)  For those in attendance, please let me know if
we've missed something or any other corrections that may be required.

The next SNF Process Grand Rounds will be Friday, 2/22, 11:30-1 pm, in
CIS 101.  The main topic will be a planning meeting for what we're
calling "Superuser" and "Quality Circle" programs which grew out of
discussions that Prof. Nishi and several other faculty have had over the
past few weeks with concerned students about the state of the lab.  The
objective of this meeting is to define a framework for labmembers to
become more involved and have more say in the lab operations -- and
better work with the SNF staff to set expectations and lab priorities.

All labmembers (and staff members) are welcome.  But please be aware
that the core group of students who have met with Prof. Nishi have
already volunteered and invested much time in discussions with each
other, their PI's and staff about their ideas.  We would like to make
this a productive meeting and so ask that anyone who attends should also
be prepared to participate and volunteer (no spectators, please!)  And
we'd like to encourage everyone to talk with staff and each other -- and
bring constructive ideas to the table.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Your SNF staff