Possible vibration Tuesday morning ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 25 09:54:38 PST 2008

SNF Lab Members:

In order to attach two computer racks to the floor, we need to drill a
total of 8 holes in the concrete using the RotoHammer.  While this
should be isolated from the lab by virtue of being on a separate
foundation, it could conceivably cause a bit of vibration.  In order to
minimally inconvenience normal lab activiities .... not to mention the
folks that have offices near the first-floor communication closet ... we
will plan to do this early tomorrow morning (Tuesday, February 26)
starting at about 6 a.m. with the expectation of being completed by 7 a.m.

As a second item, Jim Kruger made the suggestion that it would be useful
to have some form of identification on the Sun Rays when reporting
problems related to keyboards, mice, etc.  This is a good suggestion and
we have numbered each Sun Ray with a number from 1 to 25 that you can
use when reporting problems.  For the Sun Ray 1s, this number is on the
body of the Sun Ray just above the slot where you insert a smart card.

Thank you for your continued support,