Looking for advice on wafer bonding

Kam Arnold karnold at berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 1 08:48:37 PDT 2008

Direct silicon-silicon fusion bonding is quite strong (can be stronger
than the silicon itself, if wafers are clean, etc.) It is a high
timperature process, though, and highly degraded by particles. The
standard Berkeley fusion bonding process is described here:
http://microlab.berkeley.edu/labmanual/chap1/1.3.html#MOD36

A colleague, Erik Shirokoff, has done a lot of wafer bonding research.
He is currently using spun-on BCB, I believe.

-Kam

--
Kam Arnold
Graduate Student Researcher