No HF draining today ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu May 29 10:36:21 PDT 2008

SNF Lab Members (and users of labs in CIS-X that could drain HF):

At the moment, the 1000 gallon tank that collects HF waste is full and
we cannot drain any more HF at ANY drains that go into this system ....
including, but not limited to wbdiff, wbsilicide, and wbnonmetal.

This includes labs in the extension.

At the moment, we believe that the pumper truck should be here late this
afternoon to empty the system .... but we will send out another
announcement when it is OK to dump HF once again.

While we normally keep a close eye on the tank, the mechanical float
system that we can easily check got jammed and led us to believe that we
had more tank capacity than we, in fact, had.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter .... draining any HF today
will overflow the tank and result in a greatly extended shutdown if we
have to clean up an overflow.

Thank you for your continued support,