Cleanroom fire article?

Mark Wistey wistey at snow.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:43:00 PST 2008


Back when I was at Stanford, there used to be a newspaper clipping 
posted outside the SNF gowning room about a cleanroom fire which 
burned a whole building to the ground.  As I recall, the fire was 
caused by pouring solvents into a beaker with traces of nitric acid 
left in it.  Does anyone know if the clipping is still around, or 
where I could find a reference to the fire?  I'm training young 
generations of grad students who could benefit from basic safety 
rules of acids and organics.

Thanks!
					 - Mark



More information about the labmembers mailing list