Seminar Today: Retro-Mechanical Era? From MEMS to NEMS switches, 3-4:30pm CISX 101]

Roozbeh Parsa rparsa at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 6 14:50:09 PDT 2008

E342 SEMINAR
(MEMS Lab2)

Monday, October 6, 2008
3:00 - 4:30 pm
CISX-101

Title:
Retro-Mechanical Era?
>From MEMS to NEMS switches

Speaker:
Prof. Jun-Bo Yoon
KAIST University, Korea

Abstract:
A switch has been playing very important role on our human history.
For example, manual phone line switching gave us a great motivation to
invent a transistor at Bell lab in around 1950. After dramatic
progress in the modern integrated circuit technology, we now are
sitting on a position looking back our mechanical switch era. Why? I'd
like to discuss the reason with you while presenting recent progresses
achieved in MEMS and NEMS switches in this talk.