Cleanliness & Contamination Working Group: Meeting this Friday, 3 pm

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 20 10:14:08 PDT 2008

Labmembers:

Since our meeting on cleanliness and contamination a few weeks ago, many
meetings and discussions have taken place.  Again, we'd like to
emphasize that no policy decisions have been made. Instead the
discussions have focused on how to structure an ongoing forum whereby
the lab community can work out how new process flows can be incorporated
into the lab without risking others' work..

The first cleanliness and contamination working group meeting will be
this Friday, Oct. 24, at 3 pm, in CIS 101.  The philosophical approach
NOT a radical shift in the basic cleanliness and contamination policies
of the lab, but rather to facilitate pathways to meet more of our
labmembers' processing needs.  The discussion at this meeting is
intended to be at a fairly high level, where other working groups and
activities may be spun out to address specific issues in more detail.
Certain PI's may be invited to participate as appropriate.  Meeting
minutes will be posted for the lab community.

The objective in this first meeting will be to identify specific process
technologies with special needs and identify the labmember advocate who
will represent this technology in working group meetings.  Several
people have already volunteered (or been volunteered by their PI's) to
represent the following areas:  novel materials for CMOS; memory; GaAs
on Si; detectors; EE410; MEMS; nanowires, solar.  If you have specific
critical needs for your process technology, whether it is to maintain a
certain level of cleanliness or introduce a previously untested
material, and you are willing to serve as an advocate for your process
technology, then we invite you to participate in this working group
meeting.

Thanks for your attention --

Jim McVittie, Ed Myers, Peter Griffin, John Shott, Mike Deal, & Mary Tang