metal delamination during lift-off?

Alex Guichard arguicha at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 20 23:16:13 PDT 2008

Has anyone ever experienced problems with metallization layers peeling
away during lift-off?  I am trying to contact thin (~100 nm) regions
of Si with most of the electrode area in contact with SiO2.  Using the
standard lift-off process flow outlined on SNF's website, I have tried
Pd - which supposedly has less than stellar edhesion to SiO2 - and Ni
which has good SiO2 adhesion.  Both were deposited with Innotec.  In
both attempts, the metals peeled off during the acetone bath step.

Thanks!

Alex