SNF Coral and WebSite outage next Tuesday morning ...

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 24 09:28:20 PDT 2008

SNF Labmembers:

Next Tuesday morning, October 28, from about 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. the power
to the CIS 220 computer room will be taken down to install some
additional electrical service for a computer array.  During this time,
the Coral servers, the machine that serves the Sunrays in the lab, the
SNF web site, xReporter, and the Plone web site will be unavailable.

Prior to that time, we will issue the "All On" command to turn on all
interlock on so that work in the lab will not be delayed.  As soon as
power is restored and Coral returns to service, we will ask each of you
to disable any tools that you are using .... and will then disable
everything else.

We hope that this will provide a minimal disruption to our activities.

Please contact me if you have any questions and concerns.

p.s. PCs and laptops in offices and networking outside of the computer
room should not be affected.