Photoresist as an adhesive in wafer bonding

Stephanie Claussen sclaussen at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 5 14:05:36 PST 2009

Hi labmembers,

We're experimenting with various options for wafer bonding, and someone has
told me that photoresist can be used as a resilient adhesive if it is baked
for a long period of time post-adhesion. Is there anyone who can provide me
with more details on this process? Specifically, I'm interested in the
temperature and time you bake the bonded samples and whether the bond holds
up to subsequent later liftoff procedures, etc.

Thanks so much,
Stephanie Claussen