Faint smell in building and lab ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 26 16:08:09 PST 2009

Lab Members:

Nancy pointed out the faint "propane-like" smell in the lab that is most
noticeable in and near the gowning area.  Mary and I have conducted an
extensive walking and sniffing tour and believe that it is something
that is emanating from the CoGen plant next door.  At this point we
don't know what it is, but have called the plumbing shop and asked them
to come out and see if they can track it down.  The odor is actually
stronger outdoors near the intersection of Via Ortega and Via Pueblo
than it is in the building or the lab.

We will keep you posted if/when we learn anything further but wanted to
at least alert you to this odor, assure that it is not one of our
"problem gases", and let you know what we know at the moment.

Thank you for your continued support,