HF etch rate of PECVD SiN

Erhan Ata erhan.ata at gmems.com
Thu Mar 19 13:15:51 PDT 2009

Dear all,
I was wondering if anybody studied concentrated HF etch rate of PECVD SiN films at SNF or elsewhere. Specifically I would like to know what range of minimum etch rate we can expect with a recipe limited to ~400 C temp range. Etch rates in BOE will give some hint as well.

Also, any information on correlation between etch rate and process parameters (freequency, prsessure, gas ratios etc,) or other measurable physical parameters (e.g refractive index, stress) would be very useful.

Best regards,

Erhan Ata
General MEMS Corp.