Microscope Update 3/27/09

Gary J Sosa gsosa at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 27 15:23:35 PDT 2009

Hi Labmembers...

  Just a quick microscope update:

 1. The microscope in diffusion that was sent out for repair is back and re-installed/tested. The only thing thjat does not work is the video camera. It appears that the computer hard disk is corrupted or crashed. We either get the blue screen or "invalid harddisk error. Still need to investigate and repair. Microscope OK to use.

 2. The microscope in litho, across from the granite has been removed and sent out for repair. We have installed a temporary microscope in its place. The video camera is also installed on the microscope and is functional.

  ..Gary