linkCAD anyone?

Chris Kenney kenney at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 10 09:56:46 PST 2009

You might also try the package "LayoutEditor", which
is a nice full layout editor and handles a variety of formats.
It runs on PCs, Mac OSX, Linux, ...

I believe the older versions are available for free. The newer
version costs a modest amount, especially for academic groups.

Here are two links:

http://www.layouteditor.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/layout/

Chris