SNF's Nitric Acid

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 17 15:10:15 PST 2009

Jason et al:

Yes, finding the concentration of JT Baker nitric acid does seem harder
than one would expect.

I'm pretty certain, however, that the concentration of the stuff that we
use is in the range of 69-70% with the balance being water.

Here is the link that provides those details:

http://mallinckrodtbaker.dirxion.com/jtbakermicroelectronics/WebProject.asp?BookCode=mal09flx#

The specific "version" that we us is product 9606-03 that is the 7 lb
bottles of CMOS grade nitric acid.  The page on the link shows that the
concentration is 69-70% and also contains the information about particle
count in the bottles as well as concentrations of various contaminants.

Let us know if you have any further questions,