The door between the gowning room and the cleanroom ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 29 19:43:04 PDT 2009

SNF Lab Members:

As a number of you know, the inner door between the gowning room and the
cleanroon was not working much of today and folks were manually sliding
it open and shut.  Even that doesn't seem to work any longer.

As a result, we've opened it completely and turned off the power to it
so that it will stay open.  We have also defeated the "Door Closed"
sensor so that it thinks that the inner door is closed .... so that the
door to the hallway will open and close normally.

While this is not ideal from a cleanliness perspective, it is better
than people having trouble accessing the lab .... either entering or
exiting ... and better than having people get frustrated and jam something.

Hopefully, the service organization that works on this will be here in
the morning to fix this properly.

Thank you for your patience and continued support,