Slippery floor in front of svgdev ...

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 1 20:11:02 PDT 2010

SNF Lab Members:

Earlier this evening Rishi reported a slippery spot on the floor in
front of svgdev.  While trying to investigate, we realized that there
was a very slow leak coming through the ceiling.  Further investigation
revealed that there was a 1 meter diameter puddle of the hot water that
is used to heat the cleanroom sitting on the floor directly above this
area.  This water must contain an additive that makes it very slippery.
In any event, we have dried the puddle on the floor and confirmed that
there is no additional leakage.  However, there is likely still water
below the fan deck but above the HEPA filters that is inaccessible.  As
a result, there will likely continue to be additional slow leakage
overnight.

We have marked the area with two plastic caution signs.  Please be
EXCEEDINGLY CAREFUL when walking in this area ... it is quite slippery.
We may put down spill absorbent pads ... but be very careful when
walking on them because they are likely still very slippery.

Have a safe, but productive, evening,