Labmembers'/New Equipment Meeting: Tues. Apr. 13, 1pm Auditorium

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 7 11:17:48 PDT 2010

Dear Labmembers --

As you may be aware, we were fortunate last year to obtain funding that
would allow us to acquire new tools.  We were able to obtain a stimulus
grant and leverage this to obtain supplemental funds from other faculty
and programs, such as the new nanobuilding.  Last December, we presented
an outline of plans to acquire new equipment for the lab and solicited
your input for their selection.

Thanks to your input and the due diligence of the new equipment team,
tools have been ordered and are being built and even shipped at this
moment.  A couple of them are already here.  Now, already installation
plans are underway and some of you are already experiencing some of the
disruptions to normal lab operations.
Here is the list of new tools:

- RTA 610 (two of them, to replace the two RTA210's)
- IntlVac Ebeam evaporator
- IntlVac PVD/Sputter deposition system
- PlasmaTherm ICP Plasma-Enhanced Vapor Deposition system
- PlasmaTherm Capactively-Coupled Plasma-Enhaced Vapor Deposition System
- Two-Chamber Cambridge Nanotech Fiji ALD system

We invite you to come and hear all about the new equipment at a
labmembers' meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 13, at 1 pm in the
Allen Auditorium.  You will hear about their process capabilities,
installation/qualification timelines, and logistics.  If you can't make
the meeting, the presentations will be posted soon afterward. We would
especially welcome your input as to how we can make this transitions
with minimum impact to your work  With added capacity and lots of new
capability, these tools will no doubt transform research here.  We are
all excited about the new possibilities and invite everyone in the lab
community to contribute their success.

The New Equipment Team
(John Shott, Ed Myers, Jim McVittie, Tom O'Sullivan, J Provine, Ted
Berg, Jim Haydon, Elmer Enriquez, Mary Tang)