FWD: available postdoc position on ultrafast optics

Linyou Cao linyouc at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 11 22:50:13 PST 2010

We are writing to seek several postdoctoral associates for attosecond
investigations of nanomaterials.  Through the good fortune of a Keck
Foundation grant and a Senior Faculty Defense Fellowship (NSSEFF -
Leone), we are building additional laboratories to produce isolated
attosecond pulses by high harmonic generation and to use these pulses
to study transient absorption and photoelectron spectroscopy of
semiconductor and metal nanoparticles.   Problems range from plasmon
oscillations and dephasing to exciton formation and decay.
Successful candidates will ideally be adept with or willing to learn:
carrier envelope phase stabilized lasers, high harmonic generation,
and x-ray optical hardware, the building and maintaining of
substantial vacuum equipment for the investigations, and solid state
scientific expertise.  There are almost certainly opportunities in
our operational gas phase attosecond laboratories as well.
Interested candidates should write to either or both of us, send a CV
and an email with a summary of graduate grades, and have three
letters of reference sent to us by email.

Steve Leone (srl at berkeley.edu)

Dan Neumark (neumark at berkeley.edu)
--
===================================