wafer laser cutting

Sebastian J. Osterfeld sjo at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 17 08:25:34 PST 2010

I've used American Precision Dicing in San Jose for this before. They
have a special laser inside a water jet, which means the cutting zone
won't melt. This way you don't introduce heat damage and more
importantly, the process won't form a melted edge bead, meaning your
cutout will still be perfectly flat. This is important if you want to
use contact masks. The cutting edge will be slightly serrated, though,
as if someone had drilled thousands of 0.2mm dia. holes to form the cut.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian J. Osterfeld, Ph.D.
Shan X. Wang Group