copper plating

Sonny Vo svo at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 31 11:00:26 PDT 2010

Hello Labmembers,

Have any of you had experience with plating ~30 microns of Cu  (or Au or Cr
or Al) on a substrate?

I am looking for flexible sheets of about 30 microns cu on both sides.

1.       I have a flexible plastic sheet (can sustain ~130C), can I send it
somewhere for electroplating

2.      Can I try electroless plating myself in lab or send it out
somewhere? Electroless plating  of cu would use palladium (Pd) or tin (Sn)
are common seed layer materials (which I can deposit in innotec).  Pd and Sn
alloys are created by dipping in SnCl2 or PdCl2 solutions => autocatalytic
reaction of metal ions from the solutions occurs. initial copper nucleation
on Pd is believed to occur because of the catalysis of the dissociation of
formaldehyde

thank you

Regards,

Sonny

---------------

"What makes the desert beautiful," said the Little Prince ,"is that
somewhere it hides a well ."

    _.--.  _

     `--'         rock on

Sonny Vo

Ph.d candidate

Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University

(626) 216-4597

Harris Research Group:  <http://snow.stanford.edu/index.html>
http://snow.stanford.edu/index.html