Contractors in the lab Friday am, Tuesday am

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 17 13:26:28 PDT 2011

Dear labmembers --

The lab renovation is getting underway...   Tomorrow morning (Friday),
contractors will be removing two ceiling HEPA filters in the lab, one
near the ebeam room entrance and the other near drytek4.  The areas will
be blocked off and enclosed in visqueen to control dust.  The filters
will be replaced with temporary plexiglas coverings and the areas will
be reopened when work is done.  (Because the renovation involves a lot
of work in the ceiling space, the contractors will need to get a good
look at what's up in there.)

Next Tuesday morning, we expect to be escorting more contractors to
inspect the lab for the work that will be done and this will no doubt
include allowing them to poke their heads into the two new openings in
the ceiling area.

We will try to minimize these disruptions and inform you in advance.
Please bear with us as the renovation activities ramp up.

Your SNF staff

Paul G. Allen Room 136, Mail Code 4070
mtang at stanford.edu
http://snf.stanford.edu